Sunday, May 31, 2009

My world is in flood, slowly I become at one with the mud

(Betchie at least will "get" that title LOL)

I just wanted to post a couple of pictures of the flooding around here. These were taken Friday, so keep in mind this is three weeks after the initial heavy rain and flooding. I just read on the weather blog that this was the third wettest month in recorded weather history. Central Arkansas got 13-something inches.
This first picture is my husband and youngest son doing their best to give Mama a heart attack. I was driving home from the grocery store and happened to get behind them as they were heading home from geocaching. Then they pulled off to drive across the bridge which has been flooded out for three weeks. I had the camera with me so I backed up and took a picture in case I never got to see them again. (Just kidding, it's not that bad anymore. He's redneck, but he's not suicidal.) They're in the white truck in the middle of the bridge.



Believe it or not, less than two weeks ago all the road you can see on this side of the picture was under water. It has gone down a lot just in the past few days (they've been drawing the lake down some). This road is about a mile from our house.

This next picture is our neighbor's pond. They live at the bottom of the driveway. See how some of the trees are even in water? Normally at this time of the year the pond is getting close to being dried out all the way. Obviously that's not the case right now LOL.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL!!! GREAT title! Gosh I haven't listened to them for a while!!!

WILL - you crazy thing. Don't drive in the water!!