Monday, October 26, 2009

The sacrifice of praise

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. ~ Psalm 100:4-5


Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name. ~ Hebrews 13:15

I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing. ~ 2 Samuel 24:24

I know that You are strong
I know You're more than able
to save me from whatever, ever comes my way
I know You are a Healer
I know You can deliver
I know that You can rescue me

But even when I cannot see Your hand
when You move in a way that
I would not have planned...

Still I will worship You

I will worship You
in the midnight hour
I will worship You
when I'm in the fire
I will worship You
when all hope seems gone
I will stand and proclaim that
You are my God
I will worship You
I will worship You
~ Curt Coffield

Thank you Lord for teaching me the meaning of a sacrifice of praise. Even when I feel so beat down that I can't even take another step, I will praise you - not because of everything you've done for me or for everything you've given me, but because you are the Holy Holy Holy.

~ me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wub you sweets... and I love the post... keep that head up.