Friday, November 21, 2008

Ooops

I know the ones reading my blog right now already know me and how I coupon shop, so you'll understand.

Jacob and I were shopping today and he was in a *M*O*O*D*. He's normally not bad at the store at all, but good heavens. Allll the way through Kroger and allll the way through Walmart he was whining, throwing a fit because I wouldn't buy every single thing he picked up, walking about fifty paces behind me and dropping to the floor if I tried to go get him to walk closer, etc. The stores were packed too, people all shopping for their Thanksgiving cooking.

So I'm in Walmart and I'm already distracted (see above) and I see Chex cereal for $1.66/box. I think, 'Hey, I've got $1 off one coupons, that's .66 a box! Alllll right!' So I quickly count out my coupons and throw the boxes in the cart. Pick up the rest of the stuff I was getting there and we head to the checkout. I grumble to myself that I can't use the u-scan as we pass them (because they have them set to accept one - yes, ONE - coupon per order before calling over the CSM. RIDICULOUS). Find a cashier with a reasonable line.

I spend fifteen minutes arguing with Jacob that we still have scads of candy at home and he does not need all the packages of candy he was picking up, while the lady in front of me gets finished checking out. So then I get up there and the cashier scans my few things and I hand her my coupons. First she spreads them alllllll out and starts reading over every one. I HATE THAT. I am very patient though and just spend my time talking to Jacob (who is still whining). The cashier would scan like one coupon, maybe two, and then print out a copy of the receipt to make sure I wasn't pulling anything over on her. I HATE THAT. Still trying to be patient - breathe in, breathe out. Finally she spends a full minute reading over one coupon and just as I'm about to snap at her 'Is there a problem?' she hands me the coupon and says "I don't think you bought the right brand of cereal to use this."

I look at it and it's one of my $1 off coupons for the Chex. I sigh and impatiently grab one of the boxes of cereal out and say "Yes, here is.........um, General Mills cereal. And that's a Kellogg's coupon. Er, sorry." I turn about fifteen shades of red as I quickly flip through my binder to find the right coupons (which were $1 off TWO, not one, but still not a terrible price for Chex) and trade them out with her.

I guess it happens to the best of us, eh? (I still hate Walmart though, and only shop there for deals I can't get in the other stores. So there.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How'd Katie get into Nathan's body???

Wal-mart bits... big time... have I ever mentioned that before?