Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh, yippee

Normally Will and I take our taxes to the library to have them filed for free (by retired CPA's) but this year he is having trouble finding the time to go, so I thought I'd bite the bullet and file them through TurboTax. I spent the better part of four hours today wading through molasses and quicksand getting them filled out and e-filed....and a few minutes ago got a rejection email from the IRS. Apparently Will's birthday is on file wrong somewhere and it's tossing it out because of it. UGH UGH UGH. We can still mail them in and be fine, but it'll take up to six weeks to get our refund doing that, versus two weeks by e-file. Sigh.

In other news, I just finished reading Saddam's Secrets by Georges Sada today. WOW. If you still have any doubt that the WMD's ever really existed and the war against Iraq was justified, go find that book at the library (or order it off amazon like I did, it's less than $20) and read it, STAT. I don't know how many times I put that book down and exclaimed "Dear GOD!" I wish I could just go find GWB and give him a big hug and tell him I'm sorry for everything he's had to endure over this.

Will and I get to go to the date night at church tomorrow night...if everybody is well. Nathan stayed home from school today, and Dana doesn't look too perky either. Hopefully everybody will be feeling better by tomorrow afternoon.

WHY WILL MY FOUR YEAR OLD NOT JUST STAY IN THE FLIPPING BED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No comments: