Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wedding pics

You may recall my sister got married this past weekend. Just thought I'd share a few of the pics. :)

The ceremony was in my parents' house. There was probably 50 or so people there. Everything looked very nice.






One of her friends made the cake. It was fabulous, and I'm not much of a cake person. I wish now that we would have brought some of it home, heh.




Here's the minister, Bro. John, and the groom, Russell.





And here comes my sister, Pam, and my dad, Charles. (That's my oldest brother Robbie there to her right. And the picture on the wall behind him is my grandmother, who passed away in '92.)






Here's a picture of all of us together. L to R: My dad Charles, brother Robbie, sister Pam, me, brother Victor, mom Marie.



And here's a picture of Will and me under the arch. Nathan took this one, I thought he did a really good job.

All in all, everyone had a great time I think. I spent the night there Friday night so I could be up early Saturday morning helping them get the food and stuff together. We served finger foods - sandwiches, pigs in a blanket, fruit and veggie platters - along with the cake and punch. I told Will to be sure to get there on time, but not to be too early because I didn't want the kids tearing up the house, LOL. The pastor's wife and son did all the flowers and decorations. He owns his own floral shop and has such a great talent for it. They did the flowers for my wedding too.
Ha ha, after the ceremony I told Pam that she now holds the title in our family for the shortest wedding ceremony. Will and I walked in to ours at 2 pm and were walking back out at 2:10, but they managed to beat that. Just my kind of ceremony! Heh.
I'll post pictures from our vacation next, I want to make sure this all posts right.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Awww, what a pretty wedding!

Susie J. said...

beautiful!!

Saving The Day said...

They had a beautiful, albeit short, wedding! I love your sister's dress. My favorite pictures are your family photo and the one of you and Will - you should enlarge it and put it in a frame!