Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm baaaack!

Yeah, I know - nobody even noticed I was gone. Except for Sel, who called me this morning. Heh. But still, I am back!

Our computer finally died for good and we had to replace it. Thankfully Will's school money came in the same day so we were able to do so, LOL.

Will's still down to two work days a week. He's trying to find out how to file for partial unemployment, but they don't make it easy.

We're iced in today. Will made spaghetti and meat bombs for lunch, it was delish!

I was supposed to have an appointment with a dietician tomorrow but if the temp doesn't go up considerably I'll have to reschedule it.

I ordered a tuner for my violin off ebay this morning, looking very forward to finally learning how to play it.

Did you know it was nearly impossible to find just a cute, plain, not obscenely short, denim skirt in a girl's size 12 anymore? Ugh. Thank goodness for ebay. Dana doesn't have any skirts that "match" more than one shirt (and the matching shirts are all the wrong size, LOL) so I promised her I would get her a denim skirt so she could make some outfits. I didn't know it was going to take an act of congress when I made that promise.

I ordered the kids' new backpacks finally. I had promised them new ones before school started (Nathan's old one is currently being held together with safety pins - thank you Lord that he's too young and too 'boy' to care LOL) but we just did not have the money then to do so. So I told them it was top priority when Will's school money came in. Not only did I order them both one, but I also went ahead and ordered one for Jacob, who STARTS KINDY THIS FALL. Can you believe it?!? I can't. I just can't fathom all of my kids being in school. It's going to take some getting used to. He's going to love school, I think. He's still a bit clingy with me but not like he used to be, and he's smart as a WHIP.

OH - Sunday morning I walked into church and was crossing over to go to my seat and I saw someone sitting in a seat that has been vacated for several months. I thought 'Oh, Lord God, is that who I think it is?' I shot a quick little glance that way as I passed by and it was! I almost cried. Our friends Mike and Ursula are back together and back home. Ursula had left Mike and she and their daughter moved to Florida several months ago, I never knew all the details (I think Mike may have shared with Will, but I didn't consider it any of my business so I didn't ask) but we've really been praying for them. Mike moved to FL a couple of months ago to be closer to the baby, I guess they worked everything out while he was there. I'm so happy to see them back home.

We had a new guest speaker (speakers I guess - it was a couple) at church Sunday. Really enjoyed them. The wife was born in Russia and was a teenager when the Iron Curtain came down, the husband is from Kansas. She grew up in an atheist home, and became a Christian when her younger brother brought home a paper to practice his English by one day, it was a pamphlet that had been given to him by missionaries handing them out on the street. He didn't know what it was and got in terrible trouble with their parents over it. She smuggled it into her room and read through it and came to Christ without any further knowledge of Him or the Bible. Isn't that something? It was years later (when the wall came down) that she was able to read a Bible for the first time.

Her husband also told a really neat story, about a guy that would hand out Bibles in Iraq. He became frustrated after so many Muslims would take the Bibles and in defiance rip the covers off and throw them down after he handed them one, and decided that he wasn't doing any good and was going to quit. He went into the Bible bookstore where they were holding Bibles for him that he had already paid for to tell them he didn't need them, and saw a Muslim cleric in there. He was a little taken aback at seeing this guy in there, so he started talking to him. The Muslim shared that he was actually a Christian, but since he was able to move about and share more freely if he kept his old job and all, that to others he still appeared to be a Muslim. The missionary asked him how he came to know Christ, and the guy told him that he's always loved books and one day he saw something that caught his interest. It was a brand new book laying on the ground with the cover ripped off. He took it home with him to see what it was, of course it was one of the Bibles that missionary himself had handed out. Incredible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all I DID miss you - but knew that the computer was having issues so I just figured if it was serious, Will would have IM'd me or something, cause he and I are pals like that.

Second, how are you feeling?

Third - those speakers sound AMAZING!!!!