Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This week's provision

So I was praying in some gas money and grocery money for this week. Will gets paid this Friday (24th) but we needed gas in the car before then, and the grocery list is very long since I've been having to skimp on it the past few weeks and we are running out of everything.

So in the mail Saturday I get a $6 rebate check. Sunday afternoon a lady from church calls, wanting to know if I'll work in the 2 - 5 yo classroom that night. She mentioned in passing that it pays $10 an hour. I thought she was joking and laughed. After church she brought me a check for $20. She wasn't joking. So that was $26 I was able to mail to the bank to deposit.

Yesterday I get two more rebates in the mail. $20 and $6. The $6 one I had given up on, I mailed it out months ago but didn't keep a copy of the submission (bad me!) so I just wrote it off as not coming. So there's another $26 for gas. Nice!

Today Will doesn't have to be at work until 11 am, so he has time to run into the post office on the way to work to pick up a certified letter that we've had there for several days but had no way to pick up. It's a graduation card from his aunt with $100 in it. There's the extra grocery money I need.

Thank you Jesus! We appreciate your provisions very, very much.

No comments: