Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Congratulations, Frustrations, and Other Ramblings

Anyone else been having trouble being able to blog the past few days? The site wouldn't load all the way for me. Very annoying.

The congratulations - Dana won an ipod! She was selling snack items for Gifted/Talented, and whoever sold the most won an ipod. She sold $360 worth and was really hoping to win, so she's absolutely tickled that she did.

Also, Nathan doesn't know it yet, but I found out from his teacher today at his speech conference that he's been selected as this nine weeks' Kiwanis' Terrific Kid. He is going to be THRILLED. Dana has been selected twice, once in kindy and once last semester, and he asked me last time why he never gets selected. I tried to gently tell him that the teachers select someone that ....well, behaves better than he does LOL without making him feel too bad. But his teacher told me today she's so proud of the way he's been handling himself in class and on the playground. I almost cried. (OK, I did cry - on the way home from the school. Heh.)

The frustrations - Nathan's birthday is tomorrow, and I'm not sure the cake topper I ordered off ebay is going to get here in time. We don't do birthday parties, just a family celebration, so I like to really jazz things up with decorations and balloons and stuff and I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if it doesn't get here. The lady did go ahead and send it Priority even though I refused to pay extra for it (the auction ended last Wednesday and I sent her the info for it right after I paid, she didn't email me back until Monday night to ask me a question, and then wanted another $3 to upgrade shipping since I needed it by Thursday - I don't think so). She mailed it on Tuesday, so I pray it gets here tomorrow.

JCPenney sent us a notice yesterday that because of our credit rating with other vendors, they've dropped our limit to $100. ARGH. Ya'll know we don't get clothes very often, but Penney's is where Will likes to get his clothes when he goes to get something, and since he usually only buys clothes every few years, he'll spend $250+ when he does. And a lot of his shirts and jeans are wearing out, so I know he was planning to go shopping soon. Sigh.

I haven't finished my Christmas shopping yet. I keep finding great deals online but I just don't have the money to order them. Our only open major credit card is maxed out again, and Will cut up the debit card to the "extra" checking account (not that we have much available in there anyway) when I fussed at him for using it when he knew I was already having to cover an NSF fee with them a few weeks ago. So frustrating.

Will's still not positive he's going to pass Calculus. He made an F on his latest test. He still has a low 70s grade, but he hasn't taken the final yet and he has NOT done well on any of his tests yet (he's been depending on test corrections to bring his test grades up) so he's not overly confident he'll do well on it.

Other ramblings - I have another appointment with the surgeon on Monday. I have no idea why, when the lady called to set it up I asked her what it was for and she said she didn't even know, the doctor just told her he needed to see me again once he got back from vacation. I don't even want to speculate on what it's for.

The kids had a small program at church Sunday morning. Nothing major, they just sang a few songs. I'm teaching the 2 - 3 yo's this month so I had to bring them in (along with a half a dozen helpers LOL, I think we had one person per one to two kids) to ring some jingle bells along with the last song. They were cute. Dana wore a really pretty red dress with black velvet trim my mom gave her last Christmas, along with a red rose clip in her hair. I had to buy her some new dress shoes, she had none that fit. She was going to wear black tights, but I think they were about two sizes too small, they kept slipping down every time she bent over. Ooops. I ran into walgreens on the way to church and grabbed her a pair of pantyhose, she went into the bathroom at church and changed after we got there. Heh.

Our local Teen Challenge is having a rummage sale this weekend. They advertise clothes for $1 a bag. I think I'm going to have Will leave early for school tomorrow and see if they have any clothes Jacob's size. He has one long sleeve shirt that fits him right now. Even if we only scored three or four shirts, for $1 that would be great. Nathan could use some long sleeved shirts too. I know the kids are getting clothes from a couple of people for Christmas, so that will help.

Jacob was asleep when it was time for me to go get the kids off the bus today so I left him sleeping and slipped out the door (I just have to go down to the bottom of the driveway - about a quarter mile down). He was up with his shoes on and bawling his eyes out when I got back. Ooops. I guess he woke up as I was leaving and I didn't hear him. Poor baby.

Time to remake Jacob's bed (he wet the bed again last night, sigh) and make them go to bed. Maybe Will and I will have time to watch End of the Spear tonight.

OH and I don't think I've mentioned yet, Will has an interview with Chesapeake Drilling on the 22nd. He's really excited about this one, he's been interested in the company ever since they came to school and spoke with his class.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Dana & Nathan!! How wonderful!!!

Are we officially tired of money crap? I know I am... and I'll be honest.. it's hard to go around reading blogs where people are talking about $350 purses and stuff like that that they want for Christmas, or that they just went out and bought themselves....

I need to get the Grinch out of me.