Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nathan's Birthday

Well my little dimpled man is 8 years and approx 3 hours old now. I know you all know his birth story already so I won't bore you with that. Plus it always makes me cry - and not in a good way - and I just don't feel like going there tonight.

I think overall he had a good day. The cake topper did NOT come in (and lemme tell you, I am PISSED) and I could tell he was really underwhelmed with his cake (do you hear my heart breaking?) but I did the best I could do with no time to work on it. I just printed out several Star Wars coloring page pictures, colored them, and then stuck them around the cake with toothpicks, and wrote Happy Birthday Nathan! in the middle.

He got three Star Wars action figures, and he and Jake had fun playing SW until bedtime. We had to wait for Will to get home (two finals today) before we could do cake and presents so he was crawling the walls until then. I made him deer stew (using his specialty recipe - he is so funny - he took my basic stew recipe and added a couple of ingredients. It does turn out really good though) and rolls, and we had ice cream with the cake. Since he and Jake are both lactose intolerant, ice cream is a pretty rare treat so I always make sure we have some with birthday cakes.

His teacher sent home the note about the Terrific Kids today so I showed it to him and asked him if she had mentioned it to him yet. He couldn't figure out at first what it was, so I explained it to him, and OMG the SMILE on his face! He was so thrilled, and proud, and a little bashful about the whole thing. Truly sweet.

Now I'm just waiting for Will's paycheck to deposit so I can get some more Christmas presents ordered. *tapping fingers*

Oh and in case I forgot to mention, my brother is back in the states. He's been serving in Iraq since this summer. Our good family friend, Tyler, is back home too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well you already know what I think you should do with the cake topper!!!

Star Wars figures ... I guess they are the THING hunh? Mr. B's youngest is all about star wars...

Love you sweetie!!