Monday, December 1, 2008

Well

It's definitely a hernia, and it will require surgery. I don't know much more than that at the moment. Nurse said it's a "vernacular" hernia, but I can't seem to find out exactly what that means. I'm guessing it's a descriptive term rather than an actual type.

I picked up the box of teaching supplies after church yesterday (I'll be teaching the 2 - 3 yo's in December if I'm able) and got most of it ready today. I just need to have some copies made and buy a couple of things for the crafts. I want to get it all done now so I can leave it at the church, in case I have to have someone fill in for me, so they won't have to get everything put together last minute.

Next Monday is Will's last day of regular classes for this semester. He's got two finals next week, one the following Monday, and one more that hasn't been scheduled yet. HE HAS GOT TO PASS CALCULUS. This is his third time at attempting calculus. He's doing better this time around, but it's still iffy. If he can just get through this semester - THIS SEMESTER WHICH MEANS HE HAS TO PASS CALCULUS - then his last semester's going to be fairly easy. And then he will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and I will have my husband back!

Dana raised $360 for her G/T fundraiser. I really hope she wins the ipod, she'll be so tickled if she does. Her teacher told her she's got a really good chance at it, but she'll find out Friday for sure.

I woodburned a lion for the school auction (our mascot is the Lions). It...did not turn out as well as I hoped. It doesn't look bad, in fact the only thing I'm really not pleased with is the shading on the back leg. I just could not get the hang of the shading tool. Oh well, hopefully it looks good enough that somebody will buy it.

Speaking of buying, I really wish I could sell some of my hangings. *cry* I keep renewing the listings every few days to move them back to the top, and they've got lots of views, but no sales yet. Will keeps telling me to lower the price to get the first few moved, but I really don't feel like they're overpriced and if I lower the price it's going to seem (to me) like I'm giving up on them. That may sound silly, but it is what it is.

Our church does a Christmas ministry each year, we took our wrapped gifts in Sunday. Our age group was 7 - 9 yo. I still had two big dinosaur floor puzzles put back for bday parties from last year, so I wrapped them up for the boys' gifts, then I put together little gift bags with three Bonne Bell Lipsmackers, three wild colored nail polish, and a small notebook and a couple of Christmas pencils for the girls' gifts. I think they'll all be well received. I'm doing some of the lipsmackers and nail polish for Dana's Christmas too.

Time to start baths. Betch, get to feeling better. Oh and I forgot to ever ask for a letter! I need a letter please! If I could find the Scattergories die, I'd just roll myself one. But it's been lost forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bequeeth you the letter m... for... microwave.