Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Forgot to share...

...my sister's big news. She's getting married! If you only KNEW my sister, you would understand why that's a big deal. A very big deal.

She's been dating this guy for 9 years. He was married before (has two sons in their 20s) and his ex is a LOON and he always swore he would never get married again. As long as it's been, we just assumed he meant what he said and would always be her "friend" Russell (I refuse to call a 40-something year old man a boyfriend LOL). So Sunday I'm standing in mom's kitchen frosting Dana's cake, and my sister said from behind me "Oh, Susan..." like she was going to tell me to make sure I didn't forget about the rolls in the oven or something. I said "Yeah?" and she said "Russell and I are getting married." It took about three seconds for it to sink it what she had just said, then I dropped the spatula and jumped back about two feet and yelled "SHUT UP!" She about died laughing.

(Oh, and Beth - that 'young people these days' was completely subconcious. I had to go back to my post to see what you were talking about. HA. I think that makes it even more sad.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - you're not sad... we're just not spring Chicken's anymore, Ethel. Wanna meet me on the porch to rock a bit? I need to come in at 4 though cause it's dinner time then off to bed.

Where are my glasses?

LOL I crack me up.

I'm excited for you sister. Have they set a date?

Spirit of Ashes said...

You're hilarious.

Haven't set an actual date yet, she just said probably in March or April.

I can't see them having a big shindig *at all* so it'll probably just be something simple somewhere. Also, unless he's changed his stance, the pastor at the church she attends (the one I got married in) will not marry someone who has been divorced.

So, I don't know what they're going to do. I guess we'll find out. I'm just glad to be able to finally say "My sister's fiancee" instead of "The guy my sister's been seeing...Yes, the same one she's been seeing for a while." Takes a lot less oxygen. *G*