Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh, well, now it makes sense

I got the papers about my surgery in today. I have a "ventral" hernia, not a "vernacular" one. No wonder I couldn't find a definition that made any sense. Heh.

On a related note, I have to be on liquids only from 3pm the day before the surgery. UGH. At least with my c-sections they let me eat up until midnight. **grumble** At least Will will be home that day since his spring semester doesn't start until the next week, so I can make him cook supper for him and the kids. I hate cooking if I'm not going to get to eat any of it. Does that sound selfish? LOL. I don't care.

Found some good kids' Christmas gifts deals at amazon last night. Now I just have to wait and make sure Will's paycheck isn't short this week so I can go ahead and order them. He didn't work the weekend after Thanksgiving, but he thinks that with the holiday pay he's due (remember that a weekend is his regular "week") it won't affect his check. I hope so. We have GOT TO pay the car payment this week. I pray everyday that he doesn't go out to the parking lot at school and find that his car has been repo'ed.

Ha, speaking of money matters, I logged on to check our "extra" checking account the other day (the one that we only have because we had to open an account for auto draft pymts on the mobile home) to make sure they got our night deposit and saw that we had almost $500 in there. I knew that wasn't right so I clicked around and realized that they had deposited someone else's check into our account. It showed on the deposit slip when I pulled up the scan of it that they had credited it correctly, but something happened between the bank where the deposit took place and my bank. So I called and it took the girl a few minutes to figure out what had happened, but she finally got it figured out and reversed it. Durnit. (Just kidding of course, though a "free" $500 shopping spree would have been nice. Heh.)

Jacob has his 4 yo well child check tomorrow (just a few months late, LOL). I honestly can't even remember if I ever took him in for a 3 yo or not. But I know he needs some more shots before I can register him for kindy, so I can't miss this one.

Dana's ready for bed, she's got a headache, so I'm out of here.

No comments: