Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday's stuff

Funny story about the stoopid dog while I'm thinking about it. Monday we got iced in, right? I had already made an amazon order Sunday night, planning to deposit the check we got from Will's grandma Monday morning, so when I realized I wasn't going to be making it to town I went to put the check in the mail to the bank. Since I have to drive down to the bottom of the driveway to get to the mailbox, I was taking Jacob with me. I carefully went down the steps of the porch and told Jake to wait until I had gotten to the bottom, then to hang onto the rail with one hand and my arm with the other to walk down. Well, I turned around to help him after I got to the bottom, and Oreo ran up and sat on his feet and bared her teeth at me. She would NOT let that child go down the steps. I would step away a few steps and call her to me, and by the time I got back to the porch she would be up there sitting on his feet again. I finally had to walk around to the other side of the porch and lift him down.

I think I've finally got all my Christmas cards in the mail. I had to to redo the last batch of them, the picture printed out too big and I didn't realize it until after I had started to glue them down and they were hanging off the edge. And I did the plate for my sister last night, got up this morning and realized the colors had bled so half of the castle (I made her a decorative plate with Edinburgh Castle on it) is bright green. UGH. And the picture I used is on the old computer, so now I have to wait until Will can hook it back up and transfer pictures, else I have to pay to download the picture again. DOUBLE UGH. And, I'm out of color ink so I have to wait until I can get some more to print it anyway. TRIPLE UGH.

In the good news, Will pulled two A's and three B's this semester. He is FLOORED. If his grades next semester are good enough, he can graduate with a 3.0 or higher. He never thought that would happen (he had less than a 2.0 going into this school).

In the not-so-good news, major layoffs at his company are a very real concern right now. Their sister company down the road from his location just laid off everybody that had been there less than 8 years, had a lot of "occurences" (like getting in late, taking days off without vacation time, etc) , and some other stuff that I don't remember now - and they said his location is next. He says he'll just go on unemployment until after this next semester if he gets laid off, but I know he would never be able to bring in as much on unemployment, and we're barely scraping by right now. Not good. But, he still has that interview coming up Monday so it may not affect him anyway.

I think the post office has lost one of my packages. I got a notice that they had two packages for me to pick up, but when Will went in to get them they could only find one. I've got to chase all the kids out of the room and see what all I've ordered that we've gotten in already and what's still missing I guess.

We watched 'Facing the Giants' the other night. Will had already seen it but I hadn't. I liked the storyline, though the acting left a lot to be desired. My favorite parts were the state championship game, where the player went down the line yelling "STONE WALL! STONE WALL!" (it tied into Nehemiah rebuilding the temple walls); and at the end where the coach was on his knees, covering his head and crying "God, I'm overwhelmed!" I've been at that place before, so that part was very real to me.

'End of the Spear' was also good (I could do without the dream I had afterward though, ugh). I especially liked the scenes of the real people that played over the credits. Myncaye's perception of drive-thru restaurants, and grocery stores, was absolutely hysterical. Oh and his wife complaining that when he came back, he was too fat to even go hunt anymore, he just laid down by a tree and groaned? BWAH.

The kids are out for Christmas break, yay! I made Nathan bring his glasses home (he only has to wear them in class) so I can take a picture of him in them over break. He looks so cute in them. They went to the dentist yesterday, no cavities and Dana got her final silver tooth pulled since it's been loose for months but won't come out. She's glad to have an all white smile again.

Will's taking tomorrow night off work since he has that interview Monday morning (he couldn't take just a half day) so maybe he'll go to church with us tomorrow morning. I'll be teaching, but it'd still be nice to have him there.

Gotta go fix lunch now I guess. Quesadillas and beef soup. Mmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my - that's a lot going on. I hope he's able to get one of these jobs, but able to keep he one he has until the time is right... ugh.

Someday sweetie, this money stuff will be behind us.