Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just stuff

Why can't my helpers at church figure out that they need to help me? Only one girl showed up in class again today, and I know her sister was there because I saw her walk by. What the? Ugh. At least we only had six kids today, it wasn't nearly as hectic as last week when we had ten. I think the children's church coordinator was as irritated as I was about it though, so maybe something will get done.

For those of you who are as big of Veggie Tales fans as I am, if you haven't rented/watched The Ballad of Little Joe yet, you need to do so ASAP, if for no reason other than the silly song. Larry, Jr. Asparagus, and a couple of the gourds as N'Sync. With the hair, and the funky beards, and the clothes, and the posing, and everything. Freaking hilarious.

Why do McDonald's french fries sometimes give me heartburn? That's annoying.

Dana has to take cookies to school twice this week, for two different parties. I went ahead and made a double batch of chocolate chip oatmeal tonight so I don't have to worry about it later. Now I just have to figure out where to hide them so that they last until she's supposed to take them.

Will's grandma sent us $60 to shop for the kids for her (she's been in the hospital) so now I get to go ahead and go all out getting them a bunch of coloring books and new crayons, markers, coloring pencils like I wanted to. Yay! I love having kids that are still thrilled with "simple" gifts like that. (And yes, they will know these are from Grandma, I don't just give them stuff and let them think it's all from us no matter who paid for it.)

I've been watching the commentaries and bonus features for Lord of the Rings lately. The more I see of Viggo Mortenson, the more I like him. He seems like such a caring and genuine person, for lack of a better description.

coveryourhair.com was having a sale last week on Israeli tiechels, and I've been wanting to get one for a while, so I ordered one. Black and silver. That will go nicely with my hair, don't ya think? Heh. I'm going to start wearing it (just to church) after the New Year.

I got started on my Christmas cards last night. Betch, you still need to email me your new address. I think they're going to be really pretty. Mel, if you want one, email me your addy too! Do they have a setting on here where you can email someone without having to post an email addy?

Nik, I got your Christmas card the other day. Those eyes!!!!!! They just leapt out of the envelope at me. Very nice pictures.

Will's last final is tomorrow. Calculus. The bane of his existence. Please pray he makes a 60 or higher, I think that's what he figured out he has to make to pass the class with a C. I cannot bear the thought of another semester. I just can't. He still has to take Cal 2 in the spring, but being a senior he had first choice at classes and he was able to get in with the teacher that actually, you know, explains this crap so that people can understand it. So if he can just make it through this test, and pass the class, next semester should be pretty easy.

Geez, I've been sitting here working on this blog (and looking up coloring books on amazon) for half an hour? Guess I need to start getting ready for bed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll just spill it here...

Me
21 Ascot Point Circle #308
Asheville, NC 28803

I HATE it when people don't live up to their commitments at church... people are PLANNING on you. ARGH!!!!!

I'm praying big time for Will & that derned Math crap.... I know you just want this DONE!!!!

Saving The Day said...

I love the Israeli Tichels! Very pretty. I'm praying that Will does well (enough! LOL) on his exam.

I need to get my Christmas cards out, too! My address is:

Melissa Esser
6210 Flat Rock Road
Apt D
Columbus, GA 31907

Will you email me your address, too? I'm afraid I left my address book at the old house. :-( Now I need to collect everyone's again.
charlestoncharmed@gmail.com
xo