Monday, December 22, 2008

Sigh

Surgery has been cancelled. I do have a hernia - two of them, in fact - and the bowel is involved, which is not good, but he won't do the surgery because he doesn't think he can repair it and it stay fixed. If I, and I quote, "Lose 50 lbs or so" I can go back and he'll take another look at it.

Yeah, I want to kill myself to lose a bunch of weight to have a surgery, and then spend the rest of my life terrified that if I gain it back (which I always do) then I'll be in even worse trouble. NOT. So, screw off dude. Guess I'll just do what I always do - deal with the pain and live my life as best I can.

In better news, Will's interview went really well. The guy told him they'll probably get back with him within the next couple of days. He says the job sounds really interesting, which is always a plus. He hates working somewhere where he's bored.

He's going to take the kids to his mom's tomorrow while I wrap presents. I haven't wrapped ANYthing yet, so it's a good two - three hour project. Not to mention, I have to remember where I hid everything and dig it out first. Heh.

That's it for today. Oh, no it's not. I tried my tiechel on, finally managed to get it on with the neat little bun thing at the back (with my hair braided) and wore it for a while. It's pretty comfortable, for which I'm thankful because I get a headache just wearing a headband. I'll start wearing it to church after the new year. (Since I'm teaching this month, I don't want to wear it in class. Some people might think that's a little too out there LOL.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry about the surgery... that just bites.

I'm getting so excited to see what happens for Will. It feels alot like walking that road with Carla on the way to adopting Katie... I've been watching you guys work for this for.. well it seemslike a long time... and to have a LIGHT at the end of the TUNNEL??!!!?!?!?!?!?! WOO HOO!!